||On March 27, 2014, AT&T and Samsung released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A). This software package updates the phone to Android 4.4.2 (Kit Kat), baseband version to N900AUCUCNC2, and includes general performance enhancements for the device.
Software update includes
The size of the update file is 452MB and is available for download via Wi-Fi.
- Android OS upgrade (KitKat 4.4)
- New platform support for secure NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation (HCE),
- You can add printing support to your apps or develop print services to support specific types of printers.
- A new storage access framework makes it simple for users to browse and open documents, images, and other files across all of their their preferred document storage providers
- The new provider and semantics help to improve the user’s experience when multiple messaging apps are installed, and they help you to build new messaging features with fully-supported, forward-compatible APIs
- Full-screen Immersive mode
- System-wide settings for closed captioning : Settings > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- On-device memory status and profiling : Settings > Developer options > Process stats
- More details about Android KitKat are available at: http://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html
- Beat Music pre loaded
- ISIS Wallet pre loaded
- Default value for Air view is set as OFF
- AT&T Drive Mode is changed to Drive Mode
- On/Off slider for Airplane mode and Location is added.
- Home > Apps > Settings > More networks Default messaging app and printing are added.
- Home > Apps > Settings > Sound Samsung applications (call/msg/email/calendar) are added.
- Home > Apps > Settings > General Default applications menu is added.
- In Camera app, location of settings icon is changed
- In Camera, 3096 x 3096 resolution is added.
- In Timer, Button color is changed
- Home > Apps > Internet > Bookmarks Saved pages tab is added
- Home > Apps > Messaging > Menu > Settings Default messaging app menu is added
- New options for Security policy updates under Security/Security update services.
How Do I Get This Update?
Important! Your battery should be fully charged before starting the software update. Do not remove the battery during the update process.
Customers will receive an alert and be prompted to download the update, or have the option to initiate the update manually. When prompted, you can postpone the update up to 3 times, and 4 hours per occurrence. After the update has been postponed for the maximum allowable time, your device will automatically download and install the update.
- To initiate the update manually, connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
- Touch OK.
- The device will automatically start downloading the software update. Once complete touch Continue and the device will restart.
- Please wait until your phone reboots completely, and then select Done to finish.
How to verify the update
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More > About device .
- The following information will be displayed:
- Android version: 4.4.2
- Baseband version: N900AUCUCNC2
- Kernel Version: 3.4.0-722276
- Build number: KOT49H.N900AUCUCNC2
||Samsung and AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A). This software package updates the baseband version to N900AUCUBNB4, and includes general performance enhancements for the device.
||Samsung and AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A). This software package updates the baseband version to N900AUCUBMJ5, and includes general performance enhancements for the device.
Was this blog post helpful for you?
Support my blog and donate!
My blog is open to the public and will always be freely available. With your donation, we can help others learn, together.