Ordering an iPhone 4S – The iPhone Saga Continues
Well, it’s that time of the year again. A new iPhone (iPhone 4S to be exact, no iPhone 5 *sad face* ) was released and pre-orders were started Oct 7, 2011 at Midnight PST. Of course I stayed up all night to pre-order mine. Now the story gets good.
- Pre-orders started at 1AM MST.
- At 1AM the Apple store went down for a few minutes.
- At 1:30AM-ish I attempted to pre-order
- Lots of timeouts and zero success
- AT&T servers seemed to be the problem, because I could select my phone model but as soon as it wanted to validate my eligibility it failed/timed out
- Side note, why am I not surprised. AT&T systems fail me again 🙁
- Checked a couple apple forums about the pre-order, lots of other people were having problems too
- At 2:40-ish, downloaded the Apple Store App on my iPhone
- I was able to get past the eligibility part and proceed to get several other errors (see screenshots below)
- removed my important info 😉
- Sometime early that morning closer to 6am I was able to place my order online using my laptop
- Received order confirmation at 11am
- Received tracking number on 10/10/2011 at 11:45pm
- Estimated delivery is 10/14/2011 EOD