Important Information about Costco and American Express
Here’s an epic example of how two giant company’s can’t just work their problems out, forcing the consumer to pay for their poor decisions… Time to cancel my personal and business AMEX #fail
American Express has announced that its U.S. co-brand and merchant acceptance agreements with Costco Wholesale Corporation are set to end on March 31, 2016. For Card Members, this means:
- American Express cards will still be accepted at Costco warehouses in the U.S. and online at Costco.com through March 31, 2016.
- Existing Card Members who carry a Costco Card from American Express will still be able to use their Card at Costco and everywhere American Express Cards are accepted until March 31, 2016.
- The February 2015 reward coupon will be issued as it normally is. For future rewards, Card Members receive the rewards for which they are entitled.
- We will be communicating further with Card Members in the coming months.
- This announcement applies only to the relationship between American Express and Costco in the U.S.
Card Members with the TrueEarnings Card from Costco and American Express, the TrueEarnings Business Card from Costco and American Express, the Costco Cash Rebate Card or the Costco Business Charge Card can expect further communication from American Express prior to March 31, 2016. We appreciate your business and look forward to continue delivering you our Relationship Care® service.