Digital Cable Adviser (DCA) Windows Media Center – Registry Override
- Download the file attached (OverrideDigitalCableAdvisor)
- Once downloaded, extract the files into a temporary folder.
- Open Windows Explorer to the above temporary folder
- Right Click on OverrideDigitalCableAdvisor.cmd and select “Run as Administrator”
- Wait for the script to run entirely. The script will tell you if it executed properly.
If you receive an error that DCA was not found, please install it from within Media Center | Extra Gallery. DCA is not installed by default. You will need to be logged in the console session to install DCA. If you connected to a virtual, please ensure you connect via Hyper-V or a RemoteFX session. It will not be visible via Remote Desktop as Windows Media Center considers RDP clients to be Media Center Extenders.
Note: DCA will also be installed by the Ceton InfiniTV setup package.