Android 4.4 KitKat Now Available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Customers
Customers who have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 began to receive the latest version of Android 4.4 KitKat today.
In addition, this update also includes key enhancements to the user interface, phone dialer app, focus and exposure, and gallery apps:
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
For a successful install, we recommend the device has at least a 50 percent charged battery.
You can go to the Settings icon in the apps menu > Select the More Tab > Tap About Device > Select Software Update > Select Check for Updates and follow on screen instructions. Once installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
For more information please visit www.att.com/softwareupdates.