How to Setup DNSMadeEasy on a NameCheap Domain
I wanted to setup one of my domains registered with NameCheap.com to use my premium (vanity URL) DNS/nameserver provider (DNSMadeEasy). At the time of writing this, there was no documentation from NameCheap or DNSMadeEasy on how to do this. So… (drum-roll please), here’s how I did this.
- Login to your NameCheap.com account
- Click Domain List
- Select the domain you want to setup
- Click Advanced DNS
- Scroll down and select “ADD NAMESERVER”
- Enter in ns0, ns1, ns2, ns3, ns4 and then type the IP address from the DNSMadeEasy dashboard (reference image for names and ip addresses below)
- NOTE: when you are adding these, the NameCheap dashboard does not do a good job of showing you added them anywhere besides a 3 second notification… so pay attention when you are adding them
- Now that they are added, you can enable custom DNS.
- Select the “DOMAIN” tab and scroll down to NAMESERVERS
- Change the dropdown to “Custom DNS”
- Enter in your Vanity DNS names
- Be sure to hit the check mark and save your changes